Dec 31, 2008

Christmas 2008 & One Word + 200th post...

Well the year has come and gone! I'm so excited about 2009! First I'll do a quick re-cap of our Christmas. The kids were SO much fun! By far one of my favorite Christmases! Played games, LOVED having Angie & Neal home from California for two weeks, went shopping, had a marathon of "The Office". Anyone else out there Office fans?!
haha.
What a wonderful time of year it is! I love all the family get-togethers and fun that goes on. I especially love that we take a little more time than usual to remember the importance of Our Savior's birth. What a glorious miracle. What peace & happiness He brings into my life. I am so very thankful for the knowledge that He lives and loves each one of us! I hope each of you had a very Merry Christmas too!
My little sister Angie & I made this scarf
EEEK ! I am in love!! They are so cute! I've only made a beige one but am planning on making a few more. Which brings me to this MANDY won the give-away from below. I love Mandy! She is one of the most genuine, down to earth and sweet people I know! Mandy e-mail me with your address, and tell me if you would like a beige, robin egg blue, red or green scarf! :)
I am preparing for our New Year's Eve bash tonight. We are having a Wii party. I am super excited for this upcoming year. I started a new tradition for myself last year. I picked one word to incorporate into my life for the year. It was so amazing. You can read more about the process HERE. Last year my word was LIVE, the reason being, is sometimes with all my perfectionism and "to do lists" and great goals that I am constantly setting I forget to really stop and enjoy my life. I want to really live this year and not just let another year fly by me. I'm going to take time out for me. I'm going to have more tea parties and dress up time with Brooklyn. I want to be more supportive of Zach and really take advantage of the time we get to spend together. I want to get out of my comfort zone and try new things, for instance I'm going to take a few online classes, one being photography! I'm going to stop being so busy and really focus on what matters most to me.
I feel like I truly accomplished that goal in 2008. I tried many new things. I got out of my comfort zone and I jumped at the opportunity to do more with my little family and anyone else that asked me for that matter. :)

So in honor of 2009 I'm excited to announce my new word! This year I've picked SERENITY. The definition of Serenity is this: the quality or state of being serene; calmness; tranquillity
For me this year it means I'm going to work towards serenity through meditation, keeping the focus on the positive in life, and letting go of what I cannot control. I want to get back to the basics with my family. Eat dinner around the table together, choose healthy foods, and feed myself and family spiritually! Have you ever been to a Spa or better yet the Temple? I want to bring that type of "serenity", peace & calmness into my own home & heart.
This is my 200th post! Can you believe it?? So let's do one more scarf give-away! Leave me a comment telling me what your One Word or new years resolution is going to be for the year! Thank you so much for reading my silly little random ramblings on this blog. I have had so much fun getting to know you all and reconnecting with old friends!
HAPPY 2009!!!!!