Jan 8, 2009

The SUN is Shining...

Well, I have to say that my new word of the year "Serenity", is already having a great effect on me! It's wonderful, and hopefully I can keep it going for the rest of the year. Did you know that almost 97% of New Years Resolutions will not be kept?!
I challenge all of us to be in the 3%!
I loved reading all of your words & new year's resolutions! It really inspired me! Today there are rays of sunshine flowing through my windows. It is making me SO happy & quite ambitious I might add! I have been getting a little spring cleaning done. I know. Where we live, we are FAR from Spring! I'm doing things that don't get done very often, like clean my washer from top to bottom and run a HOME MADE MIX through it to get the inside sparkly clean too. I've also started cleaning some light fixtures & gone through my filing system and cleaned it out too! Feels so good! I just ordered this book. I can't wait for it to get here!
The winner of the 2nd scarf is #18 (I used Random.org) Ashley & Josh who said: It looks like you all had a great holiday season! Your little ones are so cute. I love the scarf! My word for this year is "FORGIVE"...not just others but myself as well...I really need to work on letting things go...so this year I will forgive others for their wrongs towards me...and I will forgive myself as well. Happy New Year! Great word Ashley!!! E-mail me with your address so I can get your scarf to you. Okay let's see I need to quickly re-cap our New Year's. We had SO much fun! We had a big sleep over at my parents house & enjoyed our 2nd annual Wii bowling tournament. Krystal won,
Zach wasn't too happy to give up his title from last year, but we were excited a girl won this year!! We also played Bunco and won some pretty sweet prizes from Ikea!! Thanks MOM & DAD! (Brooklyn LOVED the pink Bunco dice!)
My Grandma Alice also taught us how to make Carmel in a can. (Fat free & sugar free!) You can find the recipe RIGHT HERE.

Speaking of Recipes, we had a VERY Yummy Recipe Exchange this month! Check out our recipes HERE. Really, could have been one of our best yet!

Brooklyn & I made these Glittery Window Snowflakes, to hang in her bedroom. They were in the last issue of Family Fun.
For instructions on how to make your own go HERE.

She is now a Sunbeam and attended Primary for the very first time at church. I cried, she didn't. I just don't know why they have to grow up!
Stay tuned for some of my favorite hand made gifts that I got for Christmas!
Hope you are all having a wonderful day!!