Jun 13, 2011

Become…

With all the rain we have been getting I am trying to remember this:good day bad day :)

So lets take a look at life. This week I’m preparing a Young women lesson (lesson 22 manual 3) on Eternal Perspective! Such a great topic. Do you know how fantastic the youth is today? I’m so impressed. I’m also in the presidency with the most amazing women. Seriously. Learning so much from all of them. Feeling so inadequate. The Lord lifts up those he calls right?! Praying for that.

I am using this as my handout just in case any of you want handout ideas too:

 

It’s from Rebecca Cooper, I’m going to print it at Walmart and then either make these cookies, click on the pic for the recipe.

Munchkin Munchies: St. Patrick's Day Cookies: Rainbows and Vintage Postcards

or do something with the Rainbow Twizzlers.

Haven’t decided yet.

it is what it is: St. Patrick's Day

Do you know what else I want more of in my life right now?

 

 

LESS of me. More of God. Truly, the closer I get to Him, the better everything else is in my life becomes. I am amazed at His love for each of us. Do you know what I am talking about? I want that love for everyone! It is so incredible. I am realizing that we are constantly becoming. Becoming more like Him, or becoming more like the world. Sometimes we don’t even realize what we are becoming, we can get so caught up in comparing, in wanting, in needing approval from the world and just going about our days lost in the race. Well I’m here to say I DON’T want that. I DON’T want to be like the world, I don’t want my self esteem or my daughter’s or my son’s or anyone around me for that matter to have to feel like their self esteem has to come from approval from the world. Does it really matter what I wore yesterday? Does it matter if I don’t wear make up today? Does it really matter if I don’t look like a super model every time I walk out of the house? Is that what God wants? People to look and stare and need approval from each other? Absolutely not. By the way I’m not saying we don’t need to take care of ourselves, we most definitely do! I’m not saying don’t brush your hair and be beautiful. We should. We just shouldn’t obsess or compare. Which is such a horrible trap we sometimes fall into.

goawaycomeback

I feel like I am on this journey because I very much struggle with approval from those around me. I struggle with insecurities of every kind. I am finding that it is normal! I am on this journey, a journey that is taking me to places I have never been before. I am seeing things in myself that I despise. Things that aren’t right with my heart. I have some dark and ugly pieces to my soul that I want to get rid of, but I am also seeing parts of me that I love, reasons to let God take over my life and live through Him. I want nothing more than to be content in Him. I am learning. It hasn’t been easy, but I feel like He is slowly peeling back those ugly layers and making something more out of me, something I could never do on my own. Today I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves me. Who loves all of us. I am so blessed to know what I do. Do you want to know more about what I know? Go HERE. Or feel free to e-mail me, I’d love to hear from you. It’s not about being perfect, it’s about being better than you were the day before.