May 18, 2011

Campfire Eclairs & a Super Hero…

So you know when you get super comfortable with your life and things are going just fine, and then Heavenly Father realizes it’s time to make you stretch and grow?! Well that’s my life right now. I guess it’s a good thing, but man, sometimes growing hurts a little. I bet you can all relate. To tell you the truth it’s my own fault, I have been praying for Heavenly Father to mold me into the person He wants me to be, to bless me with patience, compassion & more humility. Looks like He has a plan. I hope I’m ready.

I just got called to be back with the Young Women (the youth group in our church) I’m a little nervous. I serve with the most amazing women & I already feel very inadequate, not to mention I don’t know how I will ever have the energy to  keep up with these incredible young girls! ha!

We had our first activity, and I already learned something new and YUMMY for that matter!

We made Campfire Eclairs

Family Spice Recipe for Campfire Éclairs

recipe & picture from {family spice}

  1. Pre-soak your large sticks in water for 20 minutes to prevent burning
  2. Cover your stick with butter, to prevent sticking.
  3. Open and unroll:
    • 1 package refrigerated biscuit dough
  4. Stretch out and flatten one biscuit round in your hand.
  5. Stretch the dough over your stick, smoothing out any creases. For quick and even cooking, make sure dough is about 1/4-inch thick,
  6. Place dough covered stick over the flames and cook until evenly browned, about 5-10 minutes. Rotate stick continuously to prevent burning.
  7. Biscuit shell is done when all sides are browned and inside is cooked through.
  8. Carefully, remove biscuit shell from stick.
  9. Fill inside with:
    • pre-made chocolate and/or vanilla pudding
    • strawberries, sliced
  10. Top éclair with:
    • whip cream
    • chocolate sprinkles or candies

 

 

 

Trust me just, GO HERE & look at THIS it’s beautiful! I love the reminder!

 

 

Do you or have you ever dealt with Infertility? I came across this beautiful post and had an AHA! moment!! Go read her blog. I think you will probably be able to relate. Some people just have a way with words.

 

Particularly this part:

Dear (insert your name here),

You are a good mom. You love your children.

Heavenly Father knew that you could handle this trial.

He CHOSE you.

It is hard.

You can do hard things.

Sometimes when you feel your blood boil, and you want to scream at the top of your lungs,

"IT'S NOT FAIR"

It's ok.

Because it's not fair.

Life is not fair.

And that is what makes it all so beautiful!

You are right, it would be far easier to have a body that works.

But yours does not.

And even though you are learning and growing so much because of it,

sometimes the pain feels like it might suffocate you.

But your infertility is not about you.

It is not an attack of your character.

It is not a punishment for something you have done.

It is not because you are incapable of being a great mother to many.

You are not broken on accident.

Heavenly Father did not skip over you because you were undeserving.

You were not forgotten.

Instead, He hand chose you out of the crowd, and precisely changed you to be the person you are. I believe he took you aside, put his arm around you, and with tears streaming down his very own face, knowing it will break your heart, asked if you if could carry this burden.

He promised you would never be alone. And he would bless you!

But, he would need to make you differently.

Not to break you.

But to create miracles for your eyes to see.

Every day.

You were not stripped of the most sacred act of multiplying and replenishing to your hearts content, because you were not worth it to be made whole.

You may feel broken, and forgotten, in your divine right of motherhood.

But you were made from scratch!

Everything you have been given, has been given by God.

"The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

Cry until your soul hurts. Because it is hard.

But don’t ever feel broken.

 

I am feeling grateful today. I truly am blessed. I know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He is there waiting for us to reach out and ask for His help. I’m always amazed at how He is right here, involved in the big miracles and in all of the little details in our lives as well. We must trust in Him, we must have Faith in him. We must look around and notice that He is directing our paths. We must realize that we are enough & He will take care of the rest. He is in charge, and I’m okay with that, more than okay, I find great peace in those words. I am not alone, and I don’t have to control all the details (which is often hard for me, but I am working on it!)

 

And is this not the cutest little super hero EVER? Seriously. ♥ I turned my head and you stole a piece of my heart. – unknown

This little guy told his teacher @ church that his dad makes money and his mom makes cookies! I've laughed all day about it!

 superhero11 super hero2 superhero3 superhero4