Nov 15, 2010

Projects, Quotes, Recipes, & Gratitude…

Today we are going to attempt making one of those cute little boy ties. I bought a pattern from HERE. littlemanties
I’ve got this recipe in the crock pot. Hope it turns out as good as it smells! I found it HERE. {FUN FUN Blog!}
Chicken Cordon Bleu in the Crock Pot
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp white pepper (I just used black pepper)
1 tsp dried thyme leaves
8 thin slices boiled ham
2 onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 (16 oz) bag baby carrots
1 (16 oz) jar Alfredo sauce
1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and thyme. Wrap a slice of ham around each breast and secure with toothpicks.
2. Place onion, garlic, and carrots in a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker. Top with wrapped chicken breasts. I decided to cook my veggies in my steamer and serve them on the side instead.
3. In medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve chicken and carrots with sauce.
I served my chicken on top of brown rice with the sauce on the top.
We have SUNSHINE today! I’m SO LOVIN’ it! Hope you are loving your day too!
Wanting to make THESE:
but wondering if I dare, since one 0f my little cuties is only two. ;)
DSC_2483new-copy-600x400
DSC_2478new-copy-600x401
With Thanksgiving fast approaching… I have this on my mind:
Gratitude is a mark of a noble soul and a refined character.
We like to be around those who are grateful. They tend to
brighten all around them. They make others feel better
about themselves. They tend to be more humble, more
joyful and more likeable." -Joseph B. Wirthlin
Let’s all share the gratitude that is in our hearts with each other. Wouldn’t the world be a better place? My sweet friend Chelsea said this: “That's why I get frustrated with people who will say "he looks really good" or "she's lost weight" or "they're the nicest people you'll ever meet" once that person has left the room!”
Go ahead find someone to compliment today!