Aug 9, 2010

It’s a perfect day…

to RAKE these:
 rocks
We are SO close to being ready to plant the rest of our yard for grass! Hip hip HOORAY!
I am thanking the heavens it’s an overcast day with a slight breeze, giving me much motivation to get it done!
It’s already been a great day, I got to visit with my sister who lives in California. Did I mention she & her hubs are HILARIOUS?! Well they are. Check out their VLOG!
Also thought I’d share our Relief Society Workshop with you, it was super fun thanks to all the girls who attended!
It was a “Back 2 School” Workshop.
DSCN6706
{Banner Tutorial found HERE.}
I cheated & just used cardstock, chalk & my glue gun.

We shared After School Snack Ideas.
DSCN6712 

Here are two that I found-
 DSCN6703
{Apples cored out with Peanut Butter & a gummy worm sticking out}
DSCN6698 
{Cute little apple cupcakes} ♥ them!
I used a pretzel for the stem and “Rips” for the leaf, I found the Rips @ Walmart.
Also found some awesome organizational tips:
DSCN6714
Keep a Homework kit in your car, include anything your kids need to do homework that way on your way to dance, soccer, or just running around in town your kids can get their homework done while waiting.
I have a cute blogging friend named Christina, who shared this idea with me {sorry her blog is private}
organize1
{This picture is also Christina’s}
This is what she shared on her blog:
“I battle clutter every day. It bothers me, but I can't ever get entirely on top of it.  I didn't know what to do with them...until I came across this idea at Somewhat Simple. Each box will hold all that school work clear through their senior year in high school. Then I can simply hand the kids their crate when the leave home (instead of sacks and bent up cardboard boxes like I have).”
  • You can buy these crates in various colors at Wal-Mart for 5 bucks.
  • I used 1 1/2 inch ribbon and it fit the holes perfectly.
  • I bought these nicer color files at OfficeMax (aren't they much prettier than the dull green ones?) sidenote: they were the store brand

And besides being super cute, they stack well. I will finish them off with their names in vinyl above the bow.

Isn’t that darling & a great idea?!!!

We also had some awesome gals in our ward come & teach basic haircutting tips & tricks, & I did a demo on how to make a few of the new botique style flowers & bows.

Now on to planning September’s workshop!
Ideas WELCOME!!! :)
gandhi_25th_anniversary_dvd_s
We finished the movie Gandhi yesterday. WOW. I really didn’t know the whole history and story behind his life. Pretty incredible man. In honor of him- one of my favorite quotes:

“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” -Gandhi

Remember if you are looking for ways to serve check out the new ideas on
sending smiles


HAVE A REAALLLLY GREAT WEEK!