Dec 11, 2009

Water for Christmas…

Hello friends. I know… it’s been too long! I’ve got some things up my sleeve, so I can get back into the blogging groove. { that is if anyone is still reading my ramblings! lol. }

My heart has been full of gratitude lately, I truly enjoy so many blessings. As we turn our hearts towards the Christmas season, the one of giving, I started looking for opportunities to serve. I found one that I’m really excited about. I want to share it with you.

image2

This charity is called Water for Christmas.

Did you know that unsafe water and lack of basic sanitation cause 80% of all sickness and disease and kill more people every year than all forms of violence, including war.

Every day 4,500 mothers bury their children due to contaminated water. They are forced to sustain the lives of their family with a diabolical liquid that contains both life and death. This lack of access to clean water is recognized as the leading cause of death in underdeveloped nations. And it just doesn't have to be.

 

Can you imagine? This seems crazy to me, as I can go to my fridge and fill up a cold glass of water for me or my children. It makes me sick, to think that there are Mother’s out there, just like me who love their children and would do anything for them, but yet a simple glass of clean water is out of their reach. So if you’d like to donate to the cause like I just did or learn more about Project Water For Christmas, go HERE.

To donate, go HERE.

$10 will provide one person in Africa clean water for 10 years.

You can donate as little or as much as you like.

100% of the profits goes towards this cause.

Please take a minute to check it out, and if you feel like it might be something you can do, then do it!

AfricanChildren

Merry Christmas!