Mar 20, 2009

Where are my manners...

Well how rude of me... I didn't even think to post a tutorial on the bows we made. I'm not great at explaining and I tried surfing the net to find a tutorial for you with no luck, Sorry it looks like you are stuck with my poor attempt at a tutorial. ;)
Step #1 Cut 3 pieces of ribbon to all the same lengths, depending on the size you want. I cut mine to approx. 6 inches each.
Step #2 Using a match or lighter seer both ends of each piece of cut ribbon. (This is to prevent fraying)

Step #3 Using a glue gun put a dot of glue on the end of one ribbon. Bring the other end of the ribbon around looping it to make a circle. Repeat with all 3 pieces of ribbon.
Step #4 Place a dot of glue on the inside and center of the circle of ribbon you made in step #3 and press down firmly. Repeat with all 3 pieces of ribbon. Step #5 Place a dot of glue in center of the ribbon loops.
Place another ribbon on top layering and making an X until you have used all 3 pieces of ribbon and it looks like a flower.

Step #6 Place dot of glue in center of the flower and add your button or other embellishment.

Step #7 Glue onto alligator clip and you have a cute little bow fit for a princess! I get my clips from the Ribbon Retreat, they are the best deal I have found, Sally's Beauty Supply also carries them though.
Helpful Hint: When gluing ribbon on clip, place a ribbon inside the clip
add the glue and then the flower. Let glue dry for a few seconds, and gently peel the ribbon inside the clip off again. This just makes it a little less of a mess on the underside of the bow.

PS Brooklyn already has too many bows, so the first person who e-mails me and tells me that they want this set, gets them! Just click the email me button on the column to the left for my e-mail address.
****Oh and I've also had a few e-mails and comments about how to clean the blinds... I found the best thing to do was just take the blinds down (make sure they are shut) and stick them in the shower. All the dust rinses right off and then I put a few towels on my bathroom floor to set them down on and ran a rag over them to get the excess water off. Then just hang them back up. Easy, just a long process if you have a bunch of windows. Well worth it though!!! ****
SueAnn & Brynly, tagged Brooklyn and I:
Ask your children to answer the questions and type their answers in.Tag other moms with kids who might have fun with this. :)
( just type what the kids said...)
1. What is something mom always says to you? Eat my ogurt...(yogurt)
2. What makes mom happy? When I smile.
3. What makes mom sad? When I don't want to eat my ogurt
4. How does your mom make you laugh? when she dance with me
5. What was your mom like as a child? Her was a girl and she played with a dolly in her bedroom
6. How old is your mom? I don't know. Hers 3?
7. How tall is your mom? Umm... I don't know.
8. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV? Music.
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? Be like a Ballet Princess.
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? Cleaning up.
11. What is your mom really good at? Computers and answering questions.
12. What is your mom not very good at? Umm... nothing.
13. What does your mom do for her job? Works on the computer.
14. What is your mom's favorite food? Pizza and jelly beans.
15. What makes you proud of your mom? Does my hair.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? A mommy cartoon.
17. What do you and your mom do together? Clean the house and something elses I don't renember.
18. How are you and your mom the same? We like the Easter Bunny.
19. How are you and your mom different? We like to paint our house different.
20. How do you know your mom loves you? Kisses n hugs me.
21. What does your mom like most about your dad? He reads his scripers. (scriptures)
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? Shopping.
We tag EVERYONE who read our blog and has kids! I died laughing at some of Brooklyn's answers, at first I didn't think she would understand the ?s but she did great on most of them!
Happy First Day of Spring!!!! It's 60 degrees here!!! Goodbye winter!