Jan 16, 2009

How do we spend our time...

"Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein. " H. Jackson Brown
Okay I'll admit that I am guilty of claiming to not have enough time to do a lot of the things I’d like to do. I’ve made this excuse for things like working out, cooking dinner, reading my scriptures etc. But, after I saw this quote, I started thinking about how I actually spend my time and realized that there are alot of things I could cut out of my life and make it less chaotic and in return get more done. Less is more right? So I'm taking inventory on my life and deciding what needs to go and what needs to fill those seconds and hours of my day.
It must be that brand new year feeling, of get your life back in order feeling, but this article also really resonated with me. Credit: Success Magazine by Darren Hardy.
1. Decide to be Successful – Success is not a dream, hope or fantasy; it is a decision. Make the decision to change, improve and act on your ambitions.
2. Design your Best Year Yet – As an architect would design a skyscraper, write out the goals, plans and actions it will take to achieve the life you want to live.
3. Identify Your Passion - What are your unique interests, talents and gifts? Passion attracts success. Find what you love to do - you will never “work” again.
4. Program Yourself for Success – You will see, perceive, expect and create what you think about. To program your mind for success – read watch and listen to materials that will support your success.
5. Surround Yourself with Success - You are the combined average of the five people you hang around the most. Surround yourself with healthy, success-minded achievers.
6. Model Success - The best way to learn to be successful at anything is to find someone who is where you want to be and model their success habits.
7. Master the Fundamentals – Don’t complicate it. About a half a dozen things make up 90%+ of what it takes to be successful at anything. Keep it simple.
8. Get Fit - The mind cannot achieve what the body cannot perform. Your family, friends and career and future depend on your good health. Make it priority No. 1.
9. Remember What’s Important – At the end of the journey what will have mattered most will be your relationships – the people you love and those that love you. Make sure they are on your goal list.
10. Make a Difference – What do you want your life’s legacy to be? You have the power to make a positive difference – to a single person, a neighborhood, a community, a nation, the world. Realize that power in 2009.
We are half way through January already... How are you spending your time? I think 2009 is going to be a really great year!!!
And because I hate to post without pictures... this is how Zach , his dad & his brothers like to spend their time! Hope they don't kill me for posting these! :) hahaha.