Dec 12, 2008

The White Elephant Gifts...

We had so much fun at the Christmas Party we went to on Wednesday! Thanks Travis & Sabra!This is where they had the party!

It was so cozy, this place holds 60+ people, if you are interested let me know & I'll e-mail you the website. Would be SO fun for a family Reunion etc.
Okay so on to the White Elephant gifts! We died laughing! The first one was Maxi Pad Slippers. This guy was hilarious, and even tried them on! haha.

The second one was Shaving With Barbie. I love this one too! You just buy a cheap $1 store barbie and cut some of her hair off, use double sided tape or a glue gun to put the hair on her legs. Add a shaver into the package and type up the words Shaving with Barbie and add to the package and you are good to go! You'll have to let me know if you use these ideas and how they went over. haha. There were some other great gifts too, not G rated for the blog though. lol.



A little Christmas tag from my sister! Thought this was fun, Ang... you & I had almost ALL the same answers! Can't wait for you to be home with us!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper--definitely. 2. Real tree or artificial? Call me lame but I'm all for the artificial, it's not so messy and all you need is a nice pine candle! Plus I'm sorta against cutting down trees... (right Hanna) hahaha. 3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving 4. When do you take the tree down? Around New Year’s 5. Do you like eggnog? Yes who doesn't like that extra 10,ooo calories a sip! I love eggnog shakes and I like to put in my hot chocolate! 6. Favorite gift received as a child? Pink beanbag chairs that all 4 of us girls got one year.
7. Hardest person to buy for? All the guys on my list! 8. Easiest person to buy for? My sisters 9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes a few, the one on my wish list though is the Willowtree set 11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Ugly Sweater 12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Santa Clause (only the first one), ELF, and Miracle on 34th Street., Polar Express & Shreck the Halls 13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? All year long! 14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably to Goodwill! 15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Candied Almonds, chocolate covered pretzels, Carmel's, real oranges, hot chocolate with candy cane--all those yummy homemade goodies! 16. Lights on the tree? Yes! White for mom's tree & colored for the kids tree. 17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh my gosh, I LOVE them all! Big fan of Christmas music! 18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home 19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yep all I gotta do is sing the famous song! 20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I like stars for the most part 21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? PJ's on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning 22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I hate how busy it is in town and how fast this time of the year goes by--I feel like I have no time to just relax and enjoy it. 23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Hmmm... I am really liking the red and lime green right now.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Rolls, ham and funeral potatoes 25. Favorite family Christmas tradition? We always had a small manger and we would go around doing good deeds for each other, every time we did one we would leave a piece of straw by the good deed or put one in the manger and see how soft we could make baby Jesus' manger for him. I want to start that tradition with my kids too.
I tag anyone who wants to play!