Dec 6, 2008

Just wondering...

Wow, this week has just gotten away from me. First off I have a request, I'm thinking about changing over from bloglines to google reader... any suggestions of why or why not you love either one? Also if you have a "follower" button on your side bar will you let me know so I can add you to google reader that way, it will be easier if I do decide to go that route. The main reason I am thinking about it is my friend Marci (she has a private blog) told me that google reader will even update you on private blog (which I desperately need, I am very behind on reading all my cute private blogger's blogs...)

vs. Okay so now I wanted to make sure I got my recipe posted for the Holiday Recipe Extravaganza (you can read more about that HERE) Recipe #3 Candied Almonds
1 C water 2 C sugar 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon 4 C whole almonds 1 tsp. vanilla Combine water, sugar & Cinnamon. Stir until dissolved over medium heat in a non stick frying pan. When boiling add almonds. Stir continually for 4-5 minutes. When the mixture starts to change and becomes thick and almonds are well coated, dump on an ungreased cookie sheet and stir occasionally as it cools to keep almonds from sticking together.
PS If you are wanting to copy this recipe head over to my recipe blog @ http://www.life-should-be-delicious.blogspot.com/ (I added an html code to protect some of the pictures on my blog from being stolen which also makes it hard to copy the recipes I post on this blog sorry, but if you head over to the other blog, you won't have a problem.)
I also made these Candied Almonds and some yummy truffles for our Recipe exchange group on Wednesday. If you want to see more of our recipes (which were all SO amazing! Thanks girls!) go to http://www.thecookinmamas.blogspot.com/
We also did a gift exchange of our "favorite things" it was SO fun. We had a limit of $20 for all 12 gifts. Seriously SO fun. I wanted to take a picture of all the CUTE gifts I got, but wouldn't you know it my camera is broken again! (no more Kodak Easy Share's for me!) Hopefully I can find a good one when I am in town today. So the only gift I have a picture of is my own. My first favorite thing was hand written letters. Call me old fashioned but I LOVE finding a handwritten note from Zach or recieving one in the mail! So I wrote one to all my fun new friends.

Second favorite thing: Sugar Cookies this Betty Crocker mix is just as good as homemade cookies and takes less than half the time! Only catch is you have to use homemade frosting. :)
Third Favorite thing: My house smelling yummy! I think I did a post about them last year too, it's seriously my favorite thing to give out during the holidays.
Place a few slices of fresh oranges, lemons & limes, and fresh cranberries in pot then sprinkle whole cloves and 4 or 5 cinnamon sticks into the mix. Fill the pot with water, covering the potpourri mixture. Bring to a boil and turn down to low. Let simmer, adding water as needed. The potpourri mixture will last approx. one week. And will fill your home with a delicious aroma.
My Mr. B also turned 10 months old.

Oh, I have so much I want to blog about, so hopefully next week I get a few spare minutes!