Oct 16, 2008

What Heaven Sees in You...

Oops! I totally forgot about my little drawing... Brooklyn chose the winner for us and it's CHRISTAL! E-mail me you address Christal and I'll get your bracelet in the mail! Last weekend it snowed. It was kind of fun to turn up the heat, and drink hot chocolate all cozied in! It was Braxton's first snow, so even though it was 10:30 at night, I decided to get him all bundled up and head outside so he could see the white stuff! He was fascinated. I didn't wake Brooklyn up, since she is a little harder to get back to sleep. :) But she had fun playing in what was left of the snow.{little stinker wouldn't even look at me once to get a good pic} :) haha. It seems like the weeks melt in to each other these days. We are preparing for some big events in Young Womens, and next week I am teaching the combined lesson for the girls. {I am so nervous} , but it is on loving ourselves and others, a perfect topic! I have some great quotes I am using and I thought I'd share them...

Elder Holland said: “I am troubled by the practice of extreme makeovers. Happiness comes from accepting the bodies we have been given as divine gifts and enhancing our natural attributes, not from remaking our bodies after the image of the world. The Lord wants us to be made over, but in His image, not in the image of the world- by receiving His image in our countanences. "
“People are like stained glass windows. They glow and sparkle when it is sunny. But when the sun goes down, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.”
and I absolutely LOVE this story:
One day at school as I ate lunch and studied for my next class, I noticed a group sitting near me, talking and laughing. One young woman particularly caught my attention. She was tall, with beautiful black hair, dark skin, and high cheekbones. Her appearance was as unlike my pale, freckled face and red hair as anything I could imagine. She was one fo the most beautiful people I had ever seen. After a few minutes, the group rose to leave. But the young woman I had been watching stopped. I was somewhat embarrassed; I thought she must have seen me staring at them. Then something extraordinary happened. “I’m sorry to disturb you.” She said,“ but I wanted to tell you how beautiful I think you are.” After a shocked pause, I started to laugh. “ I was thinking the same thing about you!” After she left, I continued to think about what had happened. We found our differences beautiful. At that moment I realized there is no single standard of beauty. I have since thought about how our Heavenly Father sees us. I think we must be beautiful to Him, because we are all his children. And that divine birthright is much more important that any physical beauty. Heavenly Father doesn’t care about the beauty of our hair or skin- but he does care about our hearts. When we strive to experience a “might change in our hearts” then we can be blessed to receive “his image in our countenance. This inner radiance makes us truly beautiful.
Isn't that wonderful! I could give several lessons on this topic... it's so universal and everyone needs the reminder. This is my ALL TIME FAVORITE song, this video is so neat, I'm going to try to make one like it, with pics of the girls in our ward...depending on how much time I have next week. :){SOrry You'll have to pause my music player at the bottom} Don't you LOVE it?!