Sep 16, 2008

Protect our children...

I haven't watched Oprah in a long time, but yesterday the kids were down for a nap and so while I made dinner I turned it on. I was completely in shock, a couple of times I thought I wanted to turn it off and found myself in tears for the most part of the show too. She was talking about the Bill 1738—The PROTECT Our Children Act.

The bill will:

  • Authorize over $320 million over the next five years in desperately needed funding for law enforcement to investigate child exploitation.
  • Mandate that child rescue be a top priority for law enforcement receiving federal funding.
  • Allocate funds for high-tech computer software that can track down Internet predators.

So what can we do?

It's as simple as following this link: http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20080911_tows_predators

and sending an e-mail or making a phone call. It only takes a few minutes of your time. I think that even if this bill saves 1 child, it is worth those few minutes of my time and yours! Please take action quickly, as this bill will be voted on soon. It doesn't reall matter if you are a democrat, republican or independent, it is all about protecting our kids. Thank you!