Sep 17, 2008

Lip gloss, recipes, & birthdays...

Well, I just finished reading Eat. Pray. Love. I personally fell in love with the book. I know it's a bit controversial but I ate it up. I usually read fairly quickly, but with all the business of my life lately, it took me forever. Now I'm starting The Holy Secret by James L. Ferrell (He also wrote The Peace Giver... LOVED that one too!! Here are some of my FAVORITE quotes from Eat. Pray. Love

  • "At sometime you have to make peace with what you were given and if God wanted me to be a shy girl with thick, dark hair, He would have made me that way, be He didn’t. Useful then, might be to accept how I was made and embody myself fully therein. "


    • "People universally think that happiness is a stroke of good luck, something that will maybe descend upon you like fine weather if you’re fortunate enough. But that’s not how happiness works. Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it, you must keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it. "


      • “The wise man is always similar to himself.” ancient Pythagorean Philosopher

        • I just saw THIS CUTE IDEA, for home made lip gloss... It would be so perfect for activity days, a birthday party, or even Young Women's... C'mon who doesn't LOVE lip gloss?! You can find the packaging supplies a little cheaper HERE. Home Made Lip gloss 1. Melt 1 tsp. Vasoline 2. Add 1/4 tsp. Kool-Aid (sugar free) 3. Stir until dissolved and mixed together completely 4. Pour into lip gloss container 5. Let cool and apply
          We just had our monthly Recipe Group so you can, as usual check out all our recipesCookin' Mama's, and it was my cute nephew Carter's 3rd birthday on Wednesday! I need more pics of Carter, because this is the best one I have that is recent enough to post!

          I'm also wanting to try THIS, recipe I saw on Janeal's Blog, a while back. It's perfect since everyone who has a garden or knows someone with a garden has Zucchini coming out of their ears right?! Do you ever just go crazy thinking about all you would like to get done?! I'm wishing there were 3 or 4 of me this week!
          It's my Grandma's Birthday today, and we are having a little BBQ for her tonight! Happy Birthday Grandma!

          I'm making some more Head Bands ... and I realized I have 3 extra red ones from the wedding, so I thought why let them go to waste... sounds like a give-away to me!! Just leave a comment if you want one, and I'll draw 3 names in a few days. Hope you all have a perfect weekend!!