Mar 1, 2008

March Madness...

I can not believe it's MARCH! Wow, really, where does the time go?? That seems like my opening statement from the last few posts I've done! I feel so un-interesting lately! I spend my days, feeding bottles, making snacks, cooking, cleaning, changing bums, trying to get one bum to the potty on time and that seems to be about it! haha. Today, has actually been a pretty good one, Zach left early this morning to go out of town for a bit, (not that him going out of town is a good thing, I hate when he leaves!),but he couldn't bare to leave without giving his little Brooklyn a hug and a kiss goodbye, so at around 3 am as I was feeding Braxton, Zach brings Brooklyn in to get in bed with me too. We didn't get much sleep but more than I was anticipating. :) At first I might have been a little annoyed, thinking to myself, oh man, as if one baby keeping me up isn't enough, but the thought quickly faded as Brooklyn snuggled up close to Braxton and I, looked up at me with her beautiful big blue eyes, and said "luvs you mommy, luvs you Braston." My heart smiled. Moments like that make all the bum changing and mommy chores So worth it! :) I also wanted to share a quick favorite recipe. It's Taco's but with a twist. We add a special ingredient to the Taco toppings... First off we brown the meat and add seasonings to taste. For the toppings we use shredded lettuce, salsa (for me), sweet homemade chili sauce (for Zach), sour cream, cheese, refried beans and all the regular stuff however the twist is... we take 1 brick of cream cheese and add one whole can of corn to it, we heat it up on the stove top until it's nice creamy and mixed together well. Add that on top of our tacos! Before you think, that sounds awful or anything of the sort, just try it the next time you have tacos... Zach's family introduced me to this and now, I can hardly have a taco with out it! I will admit that my first reaction was that looks horrid! So just give it a try I did and now I'm a Twisted Taco girl!