Jul 22, 2012

Whirl Wind Summer…

You wouldn’t believe me if I told you how stinkin’ busy we’ve been lately. I recently got called as the new Young Women President. I know. What in the world were they thinking?! Believe me I ask myself that every single day!! I have wonderful counselors and advisers that make up for way more than I am lacking! We just got back from a week of girls camp. What a blast! It was seriously so fun! We took them to Bear Lake, the Minitoka Caves, floated the river at Lava Hot Springs and really roughed it… I’m talking infinity toilets and all! ha! It was SO good for all of us prissy girls!! We had THE BEST camp director ever, she is also my next door neighbor! LOVE her!!! She had some really cute ideas and it was the perfect mix of spiritual and fun. She gave the girls a swagger bag at the beginning of camp with homemade chapstick- I’ve got to get the recipe it was SO awesome! A journal etc.We did a night hike, she lit up glow in the dark signs and had the girls stop at each sign up the hike to read a scripture or thought. As I walked up the trail and paused I looked up into the starry sky. I am so thankful for the beauty that surrounds us. I know our Heavenly Father is looking down on us, wanting to give us everything that He has. I know He knows us each as individuals, blesses us and is directing our lives.

 

IMG_1485IMG_1481 IMG_1476

The day after we got home from camp me and my sister in laws threw a super fun bridal shower for Kenzii. Here are a few pics. Our theme was “Love Birds”. We did an Italian Soda Bar, made the best cupcakes I’ve ever had. GO HERE for the recipe! {Thanks Lyndsi for the recipe!}

My SIL Chelsea did the games- SO cute! They were fun and quick. ;) He says, She says- where we asked the bride and groom to answer some questions and the guests had to guess whether he or she said it. The other game we played was Bridal Shower Bingo. You guess what the bride is going to get and fill in the bingo card accordingly. We did a prize for bingo and a black out.

games

DSC_1526 DSC_1527 DSC_1528 DSC_1529 DSC_1530 DSC_1531 DSC_1532

Now we are packing up and heading to Bear Lake for a week. I love summer, but when I’m in the middle of all the work I feel crazy, if I just  stop and pause, I know why we go to all the trouble. It’s totally worth it for the kids. They don’t get many summer’s in their sweet lifetime that will be so carefree and I want them to have great memories. It’s definitely worth it! I hope you are each having the most wonderful summer full of good memories too!