Apr 18, 2012

Popping In…

Just popping in, these days I’m not really sure where all the time that I think I have goes, but quick a few really great things I had to share…

 

Raw cookie dough bites

These aren’t your regular cookie dough bites, they are packed with protein and super healthy! What’s not to love? I’ve seriously made 3 batches just this week! I’m addicted! They are really that good!

IMG_0642

Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup raw almonds

  • 2/3 cup raw walnuts

  • 2/3 cup oat flakes

  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

  • 1/8 tsp sea salt

  • 1/4 cup raw agave nectar

  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract

  • 3 tbsp cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips

Instructions

  1. In a food processor, process the almonds, walnuts, oats, cinnamon and salt to a fine meal.

  2. Add the agave nectar and vanilla and process to combine.

  3. Next, add the cocoa nibs (or chocolate chips) and pulse just to combine.

  4. Roll the cookie dough into balls (about 1 tbsp each) and place them on a cookie pan lined with parchment paper. Place the pan in the freezer for about an hour to firm up. Store balls in a tightly covered container in the freezer.

1 batch makes approx. 12 cookie dough bites.

Recipe from {A Dash of Compassion}

 

Reading another awesome book! Seriously 5 stars! IIIII

IMG_0653

She is incredible & good & makes me realize how beautiful life really is. It’s so easy to forget how good we really have it! It’s so easy to look at our neighbors and think wow… why can’t I be as skinny as her, why can’t I be a good mom like her, why can’t i… hard not to get caught up in it all right?! Nie Nie just makes you feel like YES! I can do this, I am enough! She has this grand ability to see the joy and precious little miracles in life that happen all around us, that we sometimes forget to see or look over.

I hope you are having a wonderful week! I’m determined to get this blog caught up. We had such a fun spring break! The kids are winding down the school year and I’m trying to get all organized for summer.