Oct 4, 2011

It’s the Little Things…

I woke up to the smell of rain- sometimes I wonder if that is what heaven smells like. It’s been a low key day here at our house, staying in PJ’s until we absolutely have to get ready for kindergarten & lunch time. :)
I had a little mug of hot cocoa with some pumpkin spice marshmallows in it that I picked up just yesterday. If you like pumpkin pie- you will probably want to snatch some up while they are in season. {YUM}
DSCN0387

I also read this in some headlines today.  The NBC’s controversial  new fall series “The Playboy Club”, cancelled after only three episodes. Hooray for good people, standing up for what they believe in.

I saw this at a local boutique and knew I had to find a place in my home for it. LOVE what it says!
DSCN0383
 Life Doesn’t Have to Be Perfect to be Wonderful!
 I honestly need to read that a couple of times a day. Am I alone?
I keep stealing black jelly beans out of the candy jar- my only hope is I eat so many I never want to eat them again- ha!

DSCN0385
True Random Number Generator
Min1:Max:9 Result:9 Powered by RANDOM.ORG
Winner of the spider clippy is #9
Miss Shannon & one of my most favorite people ever.
We also decided to make some “Lip Gloss” Paint {that’s what Brooklyn named it, because it’s so shiny! I loved it!} It really dries glossy too!
DSCN0363
DSCN0369
DSCN0370
Lip Gloss Paint
used sweetened condensed milk with food coloring
Just pour the milk in muffin tins or ice cube trays and add drops of food coloring in the separate compartments.

I also heard this song while flipping through the radio stations in the car the other day- these words caught my attention.
“Maybe it didn't turn out like I planned
Maybe that's why I'm such, such a lucky man”
I really feel like this. My life- has not turned out the way I had it all planned out in my head- but I’m SO glad, so very glad- because now look at all that I have. Two beautiful kids. An amazing man that makes me proud every single day to be his. I’m surrounded by the support of loving, caring friends and family. Life is good when we let go and let God figure out the details.

I have a fun give away in the works- and an update on my cute dad coming soon.

Will you make today great?