Oct 30, 2011

Catching Up…

Last night I couldn’t sleep. I ended up going back through some of my older blog posts, it’s like a journal for me. I read THIS post, and thought WOW, I had no idea how much more the Lord wanted me to STRETCH & GROW. I definitely have some edges that need some major polishing.  Life seems to be handing us trial after trial right now. Sometimes I’m strong, sometimes I’m not. One thing I’m learning for sure is that I can endure, I really can DO HARD THINGS! I can keep trying and giving it my best. I can be grateful for this very moment, for each and ever day. For all the little things in my life that REALLY matter.
My sweet friend Christal posted this on her blog today. I thought I’d share it here too.
Paid In Full A young man was getting ready to graduate from college. For many months he had admired a beautiful sports car in a dealer's showroom, and knowing his father could well afford it, he told him that was all he wanted.
As Graduation Day approached, the young man awaited signs that his father had purchased the car. Finally, on the morning of his graduation, his father called him into his private study. His father told him how proud he was to have such a fine son, and told him how much he loved him. He handed his son a beautifully wrapped gift box. Curious, and somewhat disappointed, the young man opened the box and found a lovely, leather-bound Bible, with the young man's name embossed in gold.
Angry, he shouted at his father and said "with all your money, you give me a Bible?" and stormed out of the house.
Many years passed and the young man had become very successful in business. He had a beautiful home and wonderful family, but realized his father now was getting old, and thought perhaps he should go see him. He had not seen him since that graduation day. Before he could make arrangements, he received a telegram telling him his father had passed away, and willed all of his possessions to his son. He needed to come home immediately and take care of things.
When he arrived at his father's house, sudden sadness and regret filled his heart. He began to search through his father's important papers and saw the still gift-wrapped Bible, just as he had left it years ago. With tears, he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. His father had carefully underlined a verse, Matt.7:11, "And if ye, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Heavenly Father which is in Heaven, give to those who ask Him?"
As he read those words, a car key dropped from the back of the Bible. It had a tag with the dealer's name, the same dealer who had the sports car he had wanted. On the tag was the date of his graduation, and the words PAID IN FULL.
How many times do we miss God's blessings because we can't see past our own desires?

Last week I got to go to Southern California to visit my little sister. I helped her pack up since she will be moving a couple of times this year for her husband’s schooling. We did manage to cram some fun into the mix too! We went to The ELLEN show. SO fun. oh my word. The dancing on the set- hilarious & fun! Ellen is seriously SO funny & sweet.

Photo Effect Studio photo 
The guests were L.L. Cool J, Jonah Hill & Jason Duerllo- he performed this song & had some MAD dance skills! -


We ate at so many unbelievable restaurants- but I think my favorite was Wurstkuche & can you believe I was hesitant to try it? I thought a Wurst was just a glorified hot dog, and I don’t like hot dogs. Ick. If you share my opinion you better eat here & see what you are missing out on. The atmosphere is really fun too!  


We have been squeezing in as much Halloween fun as I can handle too. I really want to simplify Halloween & every year I think I will- but it seems like with Trunk or Treat, school parties & carnivals plus the actual DAY of Halloween, I’m unsure on what to cut out?! We have been so busy & crazy we haven’t even had time to carve pumpkins, make sugar cookies or go to the pumpkin patch this year. I would honestly rather do those things then the more commercialized part of Halloween? Do you agree or disagree? I’d love to hear your opinions. Do you Trunk or Treat or do you Trick or Treat?  Our little lady bug and our dragon too. DSCN0507 DSCN0554
DSCN0490 DSCN0487
This took me like 2 minutes to make. That’s the kind of craft I’m loving these days! Bought an old book at the thrift store, spray painted it, covered it with spooky paper and my sister printed the {Book Of Spells} vinyl out for me! :) I love it! I think Next year I’ll add some more embellishments or ribbon to the spine.
DSCN0570
Miss Brooklyn is a huge BARBIE fan these days. Her birthday is coming up and she has requested it be the theme for her party, she has already made up her mind {3 months ago} that she would like a bigger doll house for her barbies from Santa! {Makes my Christmas shopping a little easier} wink. wink. We watched Princess in a Charm School last night. I know many are against Barbie because of image issues etc. but I do like that the movies almost always have really good morals to them. This song caught my attention. The words are SO great! “Trying is Easy… Discipline is Hard, but nothing can defeat me, if the change is in my ♥.”


If you made it all the way through this extremely long post- don’t forget to enter the give-away for a free Scentsy Warmer & bar below! I’ll be drawing a winner next Friday! :)
Happy Halloween Friends!!!!!