Apr 16, 2011

California + Pinterest = one happy me

This post is for Miss Kelie- who told me exactly what she thought of me going so long without a post. ;) No really, I had no idea it had been a couple of weeks. What is filling my time? Well a little trip to California,

 DSCN8683

which was bliss. Our kids have been begging to move there… WHERE IT’S WARM!!! haha. We hit up beaches galore! DSCN8767 

& Disney Land

DSCN8920

DSCN8943

Can you believe this is the ONLY picture of Mickey Mouse or any character we saw! We were TOO busy riding rides! Brooklyn was a maniac & LOVED all the rides! Her favorite was probably Soarin’ Over California @ California Adventures! Crazy thrill seeking girl! haha!

DSCN8948

 

had a girls shopping day, had a few too many cups of yogurt land,

DSCN8635

golfing, Jazz vs. Lakers game… you name it we packed it into our week!

Not to mention we enjoyed my little sister’s resort-like home! {THANKS ANGIE for letting us all crash at your place!}

DSCN8896 DSCN8891 DSCN8889

If the kids weren’t at the beach, they were at the pool! We had a blast!!!

What else is consuming my time? A little thing called Pinterest- It’s beyond addictive! I love it and am totally hooked! It’s

There have been so many times I wanted to bookmark a particular website or photo from a website without saving it to my computer. Well, Pinterest solves that problem!  You drag their "pin" button to your bookmarks tab and then anytime you're on a website and see something you want to save, you click the pin button and it'll save the photo and link it back to the website on your boards.
You can create different inspiration boards in categories.  I've got a style board for Party Ideas, Style & Fashion, and boards for things like recipes, home design, books to read, Places I want to Travel & a bunch more!  Here are some of the things I've pinned:

Muffin tin as Easter egg dye container

Use a muffin tin to dye Easter Eggs! Idea from Parent Hacks

Cinque Terre, Italy, town uploaded by jchip8

Cirque, Italy

EeEK! Aren’t these so Stinkin’ cute for 4th of July?!!!

Meet the Dubiens: fun food friday

You can find all kinds of goodness through Pinterest, from food to photography to shoes and everything in between.  But to get on Pinterest you have to sign up for an invitation from them, or be invited via e-mail from an existing user.  So if you're interested in signing up, just leave me your e-mail address and I'll send you an invite!  Once you're on, you can follow me here: http://pinterest.com/scattersunshine/

LA-LA-LOVE it!!!! I can’t hardly stand all the inspiration on there! I’m afraid I’ll be pinning much more than blogging from now on! ;)