Mar 19, 2011

Facebook, Picaso, & a Healthy Snack…

 

 

Can I share something I learned a week or so ago? Do you facebook? I love facebook, I think it’s a fantastic way to keep in touch and communicate with friends & family. I try to share happy positive finds, ideas, quotes, things I love, much like I do here on my blog. Sometimes FB is more convenient than blogging. However, one of my pet peeves on FB is those people who can’t seem to find the good in their lives, they are constantly posting and sending negative energy out. Well I have to admit, last week I had ONE OF THOSE DAYS. I felt the need to vent, so I hopped on FB and said something like… “I officially HATE today!”  I’m not even sure why I felt the need to put that out there, but I did. Well you know what, I got a couple of sympathy comments and then the kicker for me, a sweet friend posted this comment “Holly! I just hopped on FB & your status was the first thing I read this morning, I’m so sorry you are having a bad day!”  oh my gosh. I promptly deleted my status. How horrible that my negativity was the first message that someone saw to start off their day! I know, it’s not the end of the world, but I still feel bad. I let my own negativity take over and infused it into my friends day!

Please don’t get me wrong, I hope you KNOW I have bad days, like ALL the time,  I’m not afraid of appearing imperfect. Heaven knows we all are. But don’t you think it’s always better to look at life like the glass is half full? I have noticed that gratitude is the key to life & seeing things in a positive light. There is too much negative in the world already, so why would we want to add to it?

Just a little rant I have had running around in my head for a while. Thought I might share, and also apologize if you saw my post. You know what… that day that I officially hated, well it turned out to have a fairy tale ending. My darling husband took me to the Bodies Exhibit at the local museum, and it was FANTASTIC! We then ate at this quaint little restaurant with the most amazing food! And we ended up with a little make out session up on the hill gazing out over the city lights! TMI?! Sorry. ;)   It was perfect & I realize constantly how much I take for granted.

DSCN8599

Aren’t my little lucky charms the sweetest?!

We have been taking it easy, trying out some new art work, we painted with noodles the other day, I think the little boy ate more noodles than he painted with, but it was fun!

DSCN8569 DSCN8567 DSCN8570a DSCN8578 DSCN8566

 

We made a batch of these granola bars, my kids can devour a box of granola bars in no time, and there is SO much sugar in those little things! So we tried this recipe from Becca @ Make Your Taste Buds Dance, the kids loved them & I loved how healthy they were!

Recipe HERE or HERE.DSCN8580