Jan 27, 2011

A Little Valentine Post…

Look what I finally finished-I’m LOVING it!
DSCN8195
This is the first year I’ve ever really wanted to decorate for Valentine’s day. Do you decorate? I have to admit I prefer simple holiday decorations. Sometimes I wish I were one of those mom’s that went all out for every holiday. But I’ve come to realize, it’s just not really my style. So here are a few things I picked up this year to help us celebrate the LOVE.

DSCN8231 DSCN8197 DSCN8198 DSCN8199
You can print out your own cute subway art, like the one in my black frame HERE.
DSCN8235
I also made this cute little heart banner, I’m not sure where to put it yet, maybe on a mirror  over my front entry way table? I actually saw THIS heart banner after I made mine, and now I might just have to start over again, it’s SO cute!

Start off with a folded sheet of 5.5" x 8.5" piece of cardstock or scrapbook paper
DSCN8219
Cut the cardstock into half-inch strips.
DSCN8221
Next turn the open ends inward and staple.
DSCN8222
DSCN8223
DSCN8229 
For some reason I was in the mood to try a couple of new recipes this week, I love trying new things! All these recipes and more can be found on Life Should Be Delicious.
 DSCN8203
DSCN8213
DSCN8216
DSCN8191
They were all super fun & YUMMY!
What are your plans for Valentines Day? Do you go out to dinner? I’m kind of thinking it might be nice to just stay in this year. Maybe some chinese take out.
I think this looks dreamy too. 
 Tumblr_ldoqiwq4gj1qdpum8o1_500_large
And I just love these valentine cookies! Beware they are PG-13
wink. wink. I am totally making these for the hubs this year! Want to make some too? Go HERE.