Nov 13, 2008

Hope...

Bri & Annette send me more pictures and I seriously get giddy inside every time I see that there is a new e-mail waiting for me. I can't help but get my hopes up. We ask each other many questions and I feel like I am just getting reacquainted with old friends. They ask us if we would be open to meeting. Of course we are. I don't even have to ask Zach, I know the answer is yes! We continue to e-mail each other and we exchange cell phone numbers. I believe it was on a Monday night the last week in October around 8:00 pm and we are just carving our Halloween pumpkins when we get a phone call. It's Bri and her family. This is the first time we talk over the phone. I love the picture that we took that night of us and our pumpkins, my smile is from ear to ear. It is starting to sink in that we could possibly be parents soon. And these feelings are pure bliss.
We arrange a time that we can meet. Bri & her family live about 8 hours from us. We head down the first week in November. As we make the trip, I am feeling somewhat at peace. Surprisingly I don't get nervous until we pull into their driveway. Walking up to the door, I have so many emotions running through me. Excitement, worry, fear. We brained stormed the whole way about what questions we would ask them, in case it happened to get awkward. We had planned on meeting around 4:30 and then we would go to dinner and head back to wear we were staying. Funny thing though, as soon as we walked in we were greeted with hugs. We sat down and began chatting like we were old friends. It was amazing. I felt so at home. (By the way this is not usually how things like this take place. Generally the adoption agency recommends that you meet at a local agency with your case workers, however in this situation it worked for us.) We headed to dinner and then ended up coming back over to their home. We talked about names. Zach & I had made a list of names that we wanted to name our children, the first year we were married, and one of the only names we could agree on for a girl was Brooklyn. I have always loved the name Brooklyn for as long as I can remember. Funny thing is that Brianna and her sister Brittney are both B-R names and Annette told us that they themselves had planned on having more children and were going to name them all with B-R's. Coincidence... maybe, or maybe not.
We also discuss a little about what would happen when Brooklyn was born. Bri tells us she hasn't decided exactly what she wants at this point. We figure we have at least a month or so to figure out all of the details...
I start shopping, for little girl things... I order a crib set. I am just so excited I really think that it's going to work out this time. I know this could end really badly if I need to take everything all back, especially the crib set, I have never been this bold when buying things for our "unborn" child. I am well aware of what may happen. But still I can't stop myself. And it is making me so happy!