Oct 7, 2008

Blessed...

Wow. What an amazing weekend. Wasn't General Conference AMAZING? I have about five different talks that were my favorite! Some things that stood out to me personally:

  • L. Tom Perry, Simplify!
  • President Uchtorf, Hope has the power to fill our lives with happiness!!
  • Elder Wirthlin, learn to laugh. He said "Come what may and love it!" The simple secret is this- do your best and trust in the Lord.
  • Elder Holland, wow, what a powerful talk, Angels are among us, Eyring, on Unity, speaking kindly and being peacemakers.
  • Sister Dalton, of course I took a whole page of notes on her talk for the Young Women! Calling for a return to Virtue, Awake and Arise, never underestimate your powerful influence!
  • President Monson's on Change was awesome too! Find Joy in the journey now! Never let a problem to be solved or become more important than a person. Oh I could go on and on!

    Loved them all really!!! I always feel so rejuvenated after conference weekend! I am so grateful that we have a living prophet here on the earth that guides and directs us. What a blessing that truly is! I can't wait for the talks to come out in print so I can re-read them all!