Jun 14, 2010

Calling All Angels…

I have been wanting to update you on Angie’s service project, and THANK YOU!!! ALL of you who helped Angie make this possible. I was touched as I watched friends, family and strangers, send a blanket to their cause. We can not thank you enough.
calling all angels (26)[2]
{they got to donate close to 100 blankets!}
Here is what Angie & Neal wrote about the experience:
“Your dad and I wanted to do a service project in honor of your 1 year birthday. We posted the service idea on our blog and entitled it “Calling All Angels” asking anyone that wanted to could help by donating baby blankets. We were overwhelmed by the outpouring of support we received by so many, friends, family, and even strangers.
We decided to donate the blankets to a hospital particularly a NICU for premature babies as I know how meaningful the blankets that I have that you were wrapped in are to us. It is something physical I was able to take home with me and that I can pull out and hold when I’m missing you.
We feel the blankets are symbolic because as we were waiting for you to be born, the hospital staff, family and friends surrounded us with their support, love and warmth, just as blankets bring love and warmth to the babies they are wrapped around. Happy Birthday our sweet boy!”

Instead of a time of only sadness, the service project gave all of us something to look forward to, and what better way to honor the loss of our Sweet Angel Jayden!

The best way to find yourself
is to lose yourself in the service of others.
~Mohandas Ghandi