Dec 4, 2007

Christmas Potpourri...

Mmmm... What's better than the scent of Christmas? I love peppermint, cinnamon, cloves,oranges, pine, vanilla, yummy aromas can be found everywhere! This is something I made as a little gift for the girls I go Visiting Teaching to and a few of our other friends for party favors etc. It's Christmas Potpourri. You just place a few slices of fresh oranges, lemons & limes, sprinkle whole cloves and 4 or 5 cinnamon sticks into a pot. Fill the pot with water, covering the potpourri mixture. Bring to a boil and turn down to low. Let simmer, adding water as needed. The potpourri mixture will last approx. one week. And will fill your home with a delicious aroma. I actually have a few ways I like to freshen up my home... here's my all time favorite... it's the Wall Flower's at Bath & Body works! They have scents for EVERY season, I have Cinnamon & Clove in my wall flower right now. They last about a month or more! And who doesn't LOVE a good candle. I think my favorite are the Salt City Candles During the Christmas season, I'm burning Pepperberry Wreath. So there you have it holiday scent 101. :) Hope you are having a wonderful Holiday Season!